You currently own a blog that costs you money and a lot of effort instead of making you money. Or maybe you do not own a blog yet but you desire to start one and you want to discover the best way to start blogging for money right now.
Fortunately, you just discovered the right article for you. Keep reading because here in this article you will discover the best way to start blogging for money today.
What is a Blog?
A blog is simply a website that provides in-depth information on specific topics. Whenever we have questions, we always resort to Google to find answers. Have you ever wondered where these answers come from? They come from blogs, not really from “Google”. Google doesn’t really have any answers, it only shows you answers from blogs.
Disclosure: we may get a commission from qualifying purchases made through affiliate links on this website but at no additional cost to you.
How do Blogs Make Money?
Deep down in your heart, I know you have this question, “how do blogs make money?” The answer is simple. Blogs make money in different ways. There are different methods you can use to monetize a blog. As a matter of fact, you can combine all the methods together for maximum results.
Let’s take a look at the methods…
- Blogs make money through PPC ads. What on earth are PPC ads by the way? It’s very simple. PPC means Pay per Click and ads means advertisements. Therefore, in simple terms, advertising companies like Google are willing to pay you when you display their ads on your blog. However, you only get paid when people click on them. That is why it is called “Pay per Click”.
- PPC ads isn’t the only way to monetize a blog. Another great way to monetize a blog is through affiliate marketing. Affiliate Marketing simply means promoting other people’s products and getting paid when a sale is made through your affiliate link. This is one of the best ways to monetize a blog. There are several individuals and companies out there you can partner with to become an affiliate for free. Some of these companies are, Amazon, Clickbank, Share a Sale, Bluehost, Aliexpress, and thousands others.
- Another unique way to make money from a blog is to sell advertising spaces on your blog. A lot of individuals and companies are also willing to pay you to display their advertisements on your blog and pay you directly for it. This is different from PPC ads method where you only get paid when people click on them.
- Do you have a physical or digital product to sell? This is another great method to monetize your blog. Blogs are accessible anywhere in the world where there is internet. Therefore, selling your own physical or digital products is a profitable way to make money off your blog.
- Accepting guest posts is another great way to make money from a blog. A lot of new bloggers want links to their blogs therefore they write guest posts for other blogs. You can bill them for this.
Now that you’ve discovered how blogs make money, here comes this question, “How much can you make as a blogger?”
How Much Can You Make as a Blogger
This is a question most aspiring bloggers ask. It takes time and effort to start seeing results in blogging. However, how much you make as a blogger largely depends on the time, effort, and commitment you put into it. Some bloggers make a few hundred dollars, some make a few thousand dollars and some make hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly. Just as I said, it largely depends on the effort and strategy you put into it.
Best Way to Start Blogging for Money right now: Step by Step
Starting a money making blog isn’t difficult at all. Nevertheless, there are steps and strategies that you must follow in order to achieve that.
Come along with me as I show you the steps.
Step 1: Setting up the blog
Choose a niche
One cannot be a jack of all trade. It is an express way to failure. Therefore, you must decide on a particular aspect to blog about. This is called a niche. Your blog niche is a specific area you will be writing about. In other words, it’s your focus.
For example, if you are passionate about cars, you can start a car blog. That means your blog will belong to the car niche. If you have passion for fashion, you can start a fashion blog.
There is no niche out there that is not profitable. However, some are more profitable than others. Some other profitable niches you can choose from are finance, weight loss, beauty, electronics, software, relationship, and romance.
Get a domain name
After deciding on your niche, it’s time to get a domain name for your blog. A domain name is basically the address of your blog. It is what people use to find your blog, for example, www.10sedan.com and www.adexreviews.online. However, there are things you should consider before choosing a domain name for your blog. Your domain name should resonate with the purpose of the blog.
To make things easy, you can use the free tool below to check for the availability of the domain name you have in mind.
Buy a web hosting plan
Now that you’ve decided on a niche and chosen a domain name, it’s time to get a web hosting. Don’t panic if you don’t know what a web hosting is. A web hosting is simply an online server that will keep all the contents of your blog safe. As CPU is to computer so is web hosting to a blog. It is as simple as that. After buying a domain name, you should buy a web hosting too.
WordPress is the most recommended blogging platform worldwide. As an operating system is to a computer, so is WordPress to your blog. You can use WordPress for publishing blog posts, and so many other things.
To install WordPress, sign in to your web hosting dashboard using the username and password you chose at the point of buying then click on WordPress to install.
Customize your blog
It’s time to give your blog a breath taking look. To do this, select a theme from the list of pre-installed themes in your WordPress dashboard and install. You can also search for other themes online to use.
Download and install plugins
Index your new blog
Now that your blog is ready, it’s time to tell search engines like Google that you have a new blog. This is called “submitting your sitemap to search engines”. It is also called “indexing”. You only have to do it once and for all.
You don’t have to wait for search engines to automatically discover your new blog. Neil Patel calls this “the tortoise approach”. This method may take weeks or months.
The video below will show you how to index your blog instantly.
Also read: Good Business Ideas after Lockdown
Step 2: Writing money generating articles
Now that you’ve setup your blog, take some time to learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO) before you start writing. The purpose of SEO is to get to the first page of search engines. Most people don’t search for information beyond the first page. Do you?
SEO is basically learning how to write blog posts in a way that they will rank high in search results.
After learning SEO, you should do a good keyword research. Keyword research simply means topic research. Successful bloggers don’t write what they want, they write what people want. Remember, blogging is not all about “me” “me” “me”. It’s about your audience.
This is why you need to discover their pain points and write articles that will solve their problems. Therefore, this is what I call keyword (topic) research.
In order to do an effective keyword research, you need keyword research tools like KWFinder or SEMRush. In addition, you can also leverage on Google auto-complete feature to discover what people are searching for.
Use the tool below to kick-start your keyword research
Also read: The Ultimate Guide to Cheap Website Design
Starting a blog and monetizing it isn’t difficult if you are willing to give it what it takes. The best way to start blogging for money is just to start right away. Don’t wait till tomorrow. Remember it takes time, effort and consistency to start seeing good results. But it will surely pay off.
If you find value in this article, please share with your friends and family on social media by clicking on any of the social icons on this page.
What is the best way to start blogging for money for you? Let me know in the comments.