You are looking for ways to make money online and you suddenly discovered “Affiliate Marketing”. Most likely you’ve seen and heard people “raking” it online through Affiliate Marketing. Now you want to know how to make money through Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria right now.
In this article you will discover exactly what Affiliate Marketing truly is and how to make money through Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria right away.
Make sure you read till the end because this is going to be the best article you’ve ever read on Affiliate Marketing.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
First things first…
Affiliate Marketing is simply a business that involves referring people to buy a product or service and getting paid for it. In other words, it involves promoting other people’s products or services and getting paid a certain commission when a sale is made.
The good thing about this business is that you don’t have to be an extrovert to do it. Anyone can. It is not the same as network marketing where you have to be telling people about it one on one.
Disclosure: we may get a commission from purchases made through affiliate links in this post but at no additional cost to you.
What Affiliate Marketing is NOT
- It is not a get rich quick scheme
- Affiliate Marketing is not network marketing
- Also, it is not GNLD that you have to be walking about in the sun trying to convince people to buy some “expensive supplements”.
How Affiliate Marketing Works
Let’s assume that the price of a product or service is N50,000 and the affiliate commission is 50%, that means you get N25,000 for each customer you refer. You only need four (4) customers to make a whooping N100,000.
However, some affiliate companies pay a flat commission rate to their affiliates. For example, Bluehost pays a flat commission rate of $65 to their affiliates for each customer they refer.
Moreover, some other affiliate companies pay recurring revenue to their affiliates. This means that their affiliates get paid monthly forever as long as the customer they refer keeps renewing the product or service.
Companies that pay recurring revenue to their affiliates are mostly software companies where users are required to renew their subscriptions. Some of these companies are KWFinder, SEMRush, GetResponse, Clickfunnels, and so on. They pay up to 40% life time commission to their affiliates.
The best part of Affiliate Marketing is that you don’t have to leave your room to do it. All of the marketing is done online.
Are there Affiliate Programs in Nigeria?
Now that you know how Affiliate Marketing works, let’s see some Affiliate programs that you can join in Nigeria (and from Nigeria).
- Expertnaire: Expertnaire is a Nigeria based Affiliate Network created by Toyin Omotoso. There are several high value products you can promote on the network and most of them have high commission rates. However, Expertnaire charges their affiliates N10,000 for registration. Click here to visit Expertnaire.
- Jumia: Jumia is one of Africa’s leading E-Commerce companies. You can register as an affiliate on Jumia and get paid for referring customers to them. It is free to register.
- Konga: Konga is also a leading E-Commerce company in Nigeria. They also have an affiliate program that pays you to refer customers to buy from them. Sign up as a Konga affiliate for free here.
- Grammarly: Grammarly is a popular grammar correction tool. However, they have an affiliate program that pays a flat rate of $20 for each customer you refer. Sign up here as a Grammarly Affiliate.
- JVZoo: JVZoo is an affiliate network where you can promote mostly software products. It is also free to join. Sign up here as an affiliate on JVZoo.
- WarriorPlus: This is another big affiliate network where you can promote software products and get paid handsomely for it. You can sign up to be an affiliate here.
- Aliexpress: Aliexpress, owned by Jack Ma, is a leading E-Commerce company in China that ships products to many countries, including Nigeria. They have an affiliate program that pays you to refer customers to them. Sign up here to be an affiliate.
- Bluehost: Bluehost is a webhosting company that pays you $65 flat commission rate for each person you refer to them. Click here to sign up as a Bluehost affiliate.
- Truehost: Truehost is a Nigeria based webhosting company. They also have an affiliate program that pays you a 10% recurring commission forever for each customer you refer. Click here to sign up as a Truehost affiliate.
However, there are affiliate programs like Amazon and Clickbank that do not accept Nigerians. But there’s nothing to worry about, there are thousands others that will gladly accept Nigerians.
Now let’s get to the real deal…
How to Make Money through Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria
I will show you a step by step process on how to make money through affiliate marketing in Nigeria right away.
Come with me…
Take a course on Affiliate Marketing
If you truly want to succeed fast in any business, you need a mentor. That is why you need to take a course on affiliate marketing in order to learn from the experts, those who have been there. It will help you avoid unnecessary trial and error.
I recommend this Affiliate Marketing course by Victory Akpos who has made over a hundred million naira from Affiliate Marketing.
Choose a Niche
The next step is to decide on a niche. An affiliate niche is the type of products you want to be promoting. For example, you can choose to be promoting only software products. You may even decide to be promoting weight loss products. There are always affiliate programs for every niche out there. Moreover, all niches are profitable but some are more profitable than others.
Decide on how to promote the products
After deciding your niche, you also have to decide which method to use to promote those products.
I will reveal four (4) ways through which you can make money promoting affiliate products in this post.
Grab your affiliate links
An affiliate link is a unique link given to you by an affiliate company to track your referrals. This is how they know which affiliate sent a customer. After deciding which method to use to promote, you should grab your affiliate links and start promoting.
How to Promote Affiliate Products
There are at least four (4) ways to make money promoting affiliate products.
- Free Traffic Sources
- Paid adverts
Let me explain them one after the other…
Free Traffic Sources
Assuming you signed up for Jumia affiliate program, which is of course free to join, and you grab your links and banners and post them on your Facebook wall. If any of your friends on Facebook clicks the banner or link and buys that product you are promoting, you will get a commission from Jumia.
This method is what I call free traffic source. And you can do this across all your social media channels.
Another way to promote affiliate products is to run advertisements online either on Facebook, Google, Instagram, or on other people’s blogs. This method will cost you money but it is more profitable than the first method.
The best way to run paid adverts for affiliate products is to set up a process where we collect the emails of potential buyers in order to follow up on them if they do not buy immediately. This process is called a sales funnel.
Have you ever wondered how bloggers make money just by blogging? They make money through affiliate marketing. However, blogging is one of the ways to promote affiliate products. It entails writing articles that solve people’s problems and somehow making money through that.
Nevertheless, to start a blog, you must first learn the strategies involved. But it will surely pay off if you do. Blogging is one of the best ways to make consistent long term income from affiliate marketing.
Another great way to promote affiliate products is by starting a Youtube channel. This method is similar to the blogging method, only that it requires you to make videos instead of writing articles.
To do this effectively, you must choose a niche, and use tools like TubeBuddy to optimize your videos for Youtube search engine. You can create video tutorials, video reviews, or “how to…” videos and leave your affiliate links in the description box for people to make a purchase of whatever you are promoting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can you earn from Affiliate Marketing?
There is no limit to how much you can earn from Affiliate Marketing. It all depends on the time, effort, and strategy you put into it.
How do Affiliate Marketers make money in Nigeria?
A lot of Affiliate Marketers in Nigeria make money through their blogs or Youtube channels. Others make money by running advertisements online.
Can you make millions with Affiliate Marketing?
If you are consistent with Affiliate Marketing, you can definitely make millions from it.
You just discovered how to make money through affiliate marketing in Nigeria right away. What are you waiting for? Get started with Affiliate Marketing today.
If you find value in this post, please do well to share with your friends on social media by clicking any of the social media icons on this page.
P.S. Learn more about Affiliate Marketing by watching this video. The video was put together by one of the best in the field of Affiliate Marketing. He explains how to leverage on both free and paid ways to make money from Affiliate Marketing. Click here to access the video now.